LVSBC 2023 Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be considered by the La Vernia Sports Booster Club (LVSBC) Scholarship Committee, student applicants will be required to complete the La Vernia Sports Booster Club Scholarship Application in its entirety, to include the 3 recommendation letters, along with your LVHS transcripts.
Applications must be turned into the high school counselor’s office by the end of the school day on April 20, 2023.
*Incomplete or Partial applications will not be considered by the LVSBC Scholarship Committee. There will be no exceptions.
It is up to the applicant to ensure that all required documents are enclosed with the application upon submission*
Student Applicant’s Eligibility Requirements:
Must be a La Vernia High School Student athlete or trainer and a graduating senior in 2023; provide a copy of your current LVHS transcript with completed application.
A member of the immediate family must be a member of the LVSBC for at least 2 years. Does not have to be consecutive.
The applicant or immediate family members must have volunteered a min. of 20 hours per student applicant for the LVSBC (no more than 10 hours per year qualify).
Volunteer hours must be documented with the LVSBC by either the provided sign in sheet or via “Sign Up Genius”. Volunteer hours will be confirmed by LVSBC board members.
· The applicant must have attended & signed in at a min. of 3 General Membership Meetings.
· Must attend a College, University, or Trade School in the Fall of 2023.
Scholarship winners will be awarded for the Fall 2023 semester.
· 3 Signed Recommendation letters; must be from 3 separate people:
1. The Coaching staff (only one letter from the LV coaching staff);
2. Faculty member (may not be a coach);
3. Member of the community with knowledge of community service, leadership, and character.
· A minimum 500-word essay; must be typed using 12-point font, Times New Roman font and double-spaced.
Include your name at the top of each page of the essay; attach the essay to the back of the completed application.
The essay shall be based on the following:
Describe how participating in sports at La Vernia High School has impacted you as a person and prepared you for your future.
Senior year of an athlete's high school career, they have the opportunity to apply for the
La Vernia Sports Booster Club Scholarship.
Seniors can find applications in the counselor's office at La Vernia High School in the Spring.